1. The Golden State Warriors are a professional basketball team based in Oakland, California. They compete in the National Basketball Association (NBA) as a member of the Pacific Division of the Western Conference.
2. Their home court is Oracle Arena, located at 600 West Lake Street in downtown Oakland.
3. Founded in 1946, they were originally known as the San Francisco Warriors, who played their first NBA game on February 1, 1947.
4. They have won five championships in total.
5. In 2017, they had a payroll of US$728 million, making them one of the highest-paid sports teams.
6. Stephen Curry is the current MVP of the 2015–2016 season, having signed a four-year deal worth $201 million with the team. He is currently playing his 12th NBA season after the 2013–2014 season.
7. Stephen Curry
This season has been a great season for Staph Curry. He’s averaging 25.5 points per game, while shooting 41% from 3-point range!
8. Kay Thompson
Kay Thompson is coming off a career year this season. Not only did he shoot 50% from 3-point land, but he was also second in points scored at 17.6 per contest.
9. Draymen Green
Draymen Green leads the team in rebounding with 10.8 per game, while making 55% from the field.
1. Kay Thompson
Kay Thompson was born in Oakland, California. He has been playing basketball since he was seven years old. In his senior year at Saint Joseph High School (Oakland), Thompson averaged 22 points per game. After graduating from high school, he attended Washington State University where he played two seasons before transferring to the University of Nevada-Las Vegas. While he was attending college, Thompson was drafted second overall in the 2011 NBA draft by the Golden State Warriors. His father Mychal Thompson is also a former American Basketball Association player. Thompson plays both shooting guard and small forward positions. Since joining the Warriors, Thompson has won three championships (one NBA Finals MVP) and is a four time All-Star and a member of the 2015–16 NBA Champion Warriors team.
2. Stephen Curry
Stephen Curry was born in Indianapolis, Indiana, and raised in Davidson, North Carolina. He started playing basketball at age five, after watching Michael Jordan play. As a junior in high school, Curry led Davidson High School to victory over top ranked Huntington Prep High School in the state championship game. Following graduation from high school, he chose to attend Davidson College. There, Curry helped lead the Wildcats to back-to-back Final Four appearances in 2008 and 2009. Curry scored 1,598 career points
4. Golden State Warriors
In just three years’ time, this basketball team has won two NBA Championships, four conference titles, and become one of the greatest dynasties in professional sports history.
5. Staph Curry
Staph Curry is considered by many to be the best shooting guard in the league today. Over his career he has been awarded six MVP awards, two regular season championships and even a championship ring. In 2015, he led the team in scoring, was named MVP, and became only the third player ever to record over 50 points per game in consecutive seasons.
6. Kevin Durant
Kevin Durant is the current star player on the team. He has been with the Warriors since 2007. Before coming to the team, he played for the Oklahoma City Thunder, where he won back-to-back NBA Finals and helped lead the Thunder to win the 2010 and 2012 NBA Championships.